Thursday, April 21, 2011

Field Trip :D

I'm gonna go on a FIELD TRIP tomorrow! My fam doesn't do field trips TOO often so this is big! ;) My dad has been planning this day for a long time! We are all gonna pile in the van and drive around our town... I know it sounds BORING but here comes the cool/interesting part! My dad has researched the history of our area... I guess in the 1800s one of the CONNERS owned the property that my house is on! (the name Conner might sound familiar - CONNER PRAIRIE). 

ALSO, the FIRST white woman (as in non-Native American) to live in Madison County is buried right by my house! So, we are gonna drive by there and see some REALLY old graves! (My friend Steph would LOVE it) ;-) My dad has some other interesting old landmarks to show us that were around when "Chief Anderson" was still living here... (along with other Indians who lived in tipi's and grew their own veggies and had to hunt for food with bows and arrows). I really do not know how they SURVIVED! Lol! I will tell you all more about it when we get back! I should have some VERY interesting facts to report! :D



Well, tonight's plan is nothing really special... EXCEPT for the supper I intend to eat! We are having Chinese! :D General Tso's chicken with fried rice! :D SCORE!!! Chinese food is the BOMB! ;-) Other than that, tonight is just the usual... watch some sort of movie, eat popcorn, make a dessert (really hope tonight is BROWNIES)... etc! It's always fun chillin with my Fam! ;-)

Fight, Dream, Believe, Hope, Love...
Cat

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really cool! Your dad is a history expert!

    I always wished I could've been a Native American... one of the woodland Indians, though, not plains. No tipis for me. ;)

    I love General Tso's chicken, too.

    ReplyDelete